Our primary purpose is to highlight the benefits of simulation training for health professionals in the primary care settings within the UK.
If everyone working within the primary care setting could appreciate and understand what simulation training was, then we would have realised a major part of our initial purpose.
Our aim is to:
- Promote the benefits of simulation training to general practitioners and their teams.
- Work with like minded educationalists to use simulation techniques in order to improve health outcomes for patients who are acutely unwell.
- Expose general practitioners to simulated emergency scenarios to reduce risk and increase confidence.
- Show how simulation training can help general practitioners to consider their options and work out solutions as a team.
- To design a good mix of clinical scenario’s that provide a typical mix of likely cases that a general practitioner is likely to encounter.
- Improve outcomes for acutely unwell patients presenting in a primary care setting.
Dr Majid Akram & Dr Faiz Ismail